Thursday, September 18, 2008

Beauty School

Saying that my parents were not very happy when I decided to go to cosmetology school is a euphemism. They were absolutely mortinatalité. He was a good, but not care. The Aveda beauty school, you can see, there is a prestigious institution. My family has been going to Princeton University for about three generations, schools and beauty were out of the question. Not seeing cosmetology as a respectable field. Like many people, was supposed to be just something for high school dropouts to do. What we did not realize that was the beauty schools were my passion. It was not just an easy job for me to achieve. It was something I wanted to do for a career.

What bothers me most about the reaction he had my beauty schools decision was the poison in his eyes. Almost told me that if I had to go to beauty school, I would not be because his son. The strange thing is that they have gone through me through thick and thin. Beauty schools were out of the question, but when it suspended to get in fist fights, that I barely punished at all. It was as if, as long as I was doing something that was considered respectable for men to do, I was fine. When I decided to go to schools of beauty, however, is somewhat different. They do not say it outright, but it was clear they had suspicions about my lifestyle. I did not care. This is what I wanted to do, and that's what I was going to do.

It turns out that the beauty school is not enough work for what they had thought. Do not get me wrong - I loved the work. The problem was that it was not something I could see myself doing for 10 or 20 years. I finished school I attended beauty, got a job, and you use to pay my way through college. Beauty schools are only a temporary stage, after all. However, I am glad I made the decision that I did. If I had not tried to go to beauty school, I never would have known if I was doing my own decisions. I have been unable to participate in college because it would have meant that I was only doing, because my parents wanted for me. When testing schools beauty, however, I was being my own man.

No comments: